Advantages of Using Mail Order
Do you have medications that you take regularly? If so, you could have lower out-of-pocket costs and greater convenience with the mail-order pharmacy.
Save money and time
Depending on your benefit plan, you could save money by having your doctor prescribe a 3-month supply of medication by mail. You’ll have fewer refills and may have lower out-of-pocket costs.
Enjoy personal attention and convenience
The mail-order pharmacy provides the same high-quality service that you get from your neighborhood pharmacy. Your medications come right to your doorstep with standard shipping at no cost to you.
Accuracy and safety
Your medications on file from all your doctors and pharmacies are reviewed to look for drug interactions that may be harmful. If there is a potential problem with your medications, a pharmacist will review the prescription and contact you or your doctor to help make sure your medications will work together safely and effectively.
Help manage your ongoing medications
If you are living with a chronic condition like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes or asthma, you know that taking your medication as prescribed is key to managing the disease. But you also know that managing several prescriptions can be confusing. You therefore have access to pharmacists who can provide personalized support.
These pharmacists each have expertise in the medications used to treat a specific condition, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, diabetes, asthma, osteoporosis or cancer. This expertise comes from training on these medications, combined with the experience they’ve gained from helping people with similar conditions.
The mail-order advantage:
- Maximum convenience and peace of mind
- 24/7 access to pharmacists
- Lower out-of-pocket costs for most benefit plans
- Information about potential lower-cost medication options
- Standard shipping at no cost to you
- State-of-the-art dispensing with multiple quality checks for safety and accuracy
Ready? Let’s start saving
It’s easy to get started with mail-order.
- Log on to myuhc.com, click “Manage my Prescriptions” and select “Transfer your retail prescriptions to mail service.” Select the medications you would like to transfer to the mail-order pharmacy.
- Ask your doctor for a new prescription for up to a 3-month supply, plus refills for up to one year (if appropriate).
- Mail the new prescription with the order form, found on myuhc.com.
- Ask your doctor for a new prescription as described above.
- Give your doctor your member ID number (located on the front of your health plan member ID card) and ask him/her to call 1-888-327-9791 for instructions on how to use the fax service to send prescriptions.
Start enjoying the savings and convenience of mail-order today.
For more information
Call the toll-free member phone number on the back of your health plan member ID card or visit myuhc.com®.
Insurance coverage provided by or through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or its affiliates. Administrative services provided by United HealthCare Services, Inc. or their affiliates.
M50845-C 4/12 © 2012 United HealthCare Services, Inc.